UpvoteYA Episode 4: Agents and Querying (Part 1)
Literary agents are a big part of the traditional publishing process. So big, we can’t fit it all into one episode! In part one, we talk about what an agent does, how to find one that’s right for you, and how to know if an agent is legitimate. Whether you’re first-drafting or #amquerying, we hope to shed some light on the subject.
And join us next time for part two!
Episode 4: Agents and Querying(Air Time 29:58)
- Writer’s Market
- QueryTracker https://querytracker.net/
- Publisher’s Marketplace http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/
- Preditors & Editors http://pred-ed.com/
- Jennifer Laughran on Schmagents: http://literaticat.tumblr.com/post/138313665435/sooo-i-think-my-agent-may-be-a-shmagent-it
- Discussion on /r/YAwriters on “Questions to ask during ‘The Call’”: https://www.reddit.com/r/YAwriters/comments/4x8c26/discussion_questions_to_ask_during_the_call/